Thread: cheers pass

lynnz2269
    lynnz2269 is offline Junior Member

Angry cheers pass

what gets my goat is that me and husband drink want to get the cheers pass but the other person in our room has a medical excuse so she cannot drink!!!!!!and she has to pay for it which totally is not right and really chaps my hide because of that last yr we had a1100.drinking bill and now im fuming ****ed!

2. Ad Code Above
    Yes, it is unfortunate for many that "everyone in the same cabin over 21 must purchase". This is one of the main reasons many do not purchase the Cheers Program. I believe it most likely came about because the Cheers Program participants who are staying in the same cabin were more likely to break the rules and share drinks with each other. Just one more attempt to stop participants from abusing the program.

Although a doctor's excuse should be a good reason for Carnival to make an exception, in today's world with the internet and computer access the way it is anyone can print out a formal looking medical excuse as fast as they can print out the recipe to Carnival's Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. Carnival was just trying to stay a step ahead with the "No Exceptions", which again is unfortunate for those who honestly have a good excuse.

Keep an eye on the rules though they are still changing. Seems about once a month something still changes with the program.

awwww that is sad
    I understand the rule which makes since & I have to agree with Greg - too easy to get drinks

too bad the other person has to be in the room with you - I'm looking forward to having a king-size bed with just hubby & me in the room - don't think I would want anyone else in the room with us (anyway they could stay with someone else?)

Do you know if they sale the cheers pass for specific days or It Has to be for the entire cruise. I would like to buy the pass for 4/8 days only.

Yes, it is required to be purchased for the entire cruise. Only exception is cruises out of Texas where it isn't sold till the second day due to state beverage laws, but is required for all remaining cruise days after. It also requires everyone in the same cabin 21 and over to purchase the program, without exception.

Full details here: Cheers Beverage Program - Carnival Cruise Lines - CRUISIN

even the disembarkation day? I'm cruising out of texas on a 5 day cruise. Nov 2-7. I wont be able to purchase Nov 2, but I would have to pay Nov 3, 4, 5, and 6 for sure. However I am confused as to whether or not I would need to pay for the last day considering it would not be a full day. My cruise agent who works directly for Carnival (i've booked with him twice but naturally trust no one who makes money off of me) said that I don't have to pay the last day because it's charged by the night not the day. However the website says it's charged by the day and mentions nothing about the night. I'm TOTALLY confused because it seems no one has thought to ask this question about disembarkation day.
    Kathryn

Quote Originally Posted by kathryn89122 View Post
    even the disembarkation day? I'm cruising out of texas on a 5 day cruise. Nov 2-7. I wont be able to purchase Nov 2, but I would have to pay Nov 3, 4, 5, and 6 for sure. However I am confused as to whether or not I would need to pay for the last day considering it would not be a full day. My cruise agent who works directly for Carnival (i've booked with him twice but naturally trust no one who makes money off of me) said that I don't have to pay the last day because it's charged by the night not the day. However the website says it's charged by the day and mentions nothing about the night. I'm TOTALLY confused because it seems no one has thought to ask this question about disembarkation day. End Quote
    No, the Cheers Progam is not sold/available on disembarkation day. Each day of the Cheers Program runs from 6AM to 6AM the next day. Under most circumstances the bars are not even open on disembarkation day before you get off the ship.

im the same i dont drink but my husband does im not willing to pay that money for another drinks package on an eight day cruise .