Thread: Carnival - "New" Chef's Table Menu has been uploaded by Greg

Greg
    Greg is offline Administrator

CRUISIN Social Links

CRUISIN on Facebook CRUISIN on Google+ CRUISIN on Twitter CRUISIN on Pinterest CRUISIN on YouTube

Carnival - "New" Chef's Table Menu has been uploaded by Greg

Carnival - "New" Chef's Table Menu has just been uploaded by Greg

Carnival Cruise Lines - "New" Chef's Table Menu

Check here to see which Chef's Table Menu will apply on your Carnival cruise.

2. Ad Code Above
    Can you please tell me what is the proper thing to do with room service trays and dishes? Leave them in your cabin or in the hallway. This is such a controversial topic as what the correct thing to do is. Thank you

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to this. I will tell you that I personally leave them in the cabin. Cabins are small but for me there always seems to be plenty of room to leave them in there until they are picked up. Seeing them in the hallways doesn't bother me until I think of how they could be an issue for persons with disabilities (walkers, wheel chairs, etc.) especially during an emergency. What may start out as a nice stack of three trays can quickly block a hallway for a wheelchair during rough seas or listing!

Does anyone know if doing the Chef's Table is the only way to get a galley tour? I'd love to do that and thought they used to be on the daily schedule, but I haven't cruised with Carnival since 2005. We will be on the newly refurbished Conquest 11/4/12.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_hot View Post
    Does anyone know if doing the Chef's Table is the only way to get a galley tour? I'd love to do that and thought they used to be on the daily schedule, but I haven't cruised with Carnival since 2005. We will be on the newly refurbished Conquest 11/4/12. End Quote
    Other than the Chef's Table tour of the galley the only other tour that includes the galley is a whole ship tour.

It's called the "Behind The Fun" tour. Here are the details...

-------------------------------------------------------
    Carnival’s “BEHIND THE FUN” Tour

Unique Insight into the Line’s Shipboard Operations

For those who want to get an insider’s look at the inner-workings of a Carnival “Fun Ship,” the line has created Behind the Fun, a guided tour that provides guests with a unique insight into the company’s shipboard operations.

Behind the Fun is offered fleetwide.

On 3/4/5 day cruises, a shortened version of the described tour below will be approximately 2 hours and cost $55 per person.

On cruises 6 days or longer the cost is $95 per person and capacity is limited to 16 guests per tour. The informative 3-1/2 hour tour offers participants a behind-the-scenes look at a wide range of shipboard venues that are normally off limits to guests. During the tour, key shipboard personnel, including the captain, chief engineer, chef de cuisine and other department heads, share their vast knowledge in their particular area of expertise.

Behind the Fun begins with a stop backstage in the main show lounge where participants can see exactly what goes into creating Carnival’s award-winning revues. The tour then moves on to normally restricted areas such as the laundry room, crew galley and dining room, crew gym and crew training center.

Next it’s on to the expansive main galley where talented culinary artists prepare upwards of 12,000 meals and snacks a day for Carnival’s guests. The tour also includes a visit to the ship’s bridge and engine control room and informative Q&A sessions with the captain and chief engineer, respectively.

In addition to a comprehensive overview of Carnival’s shipboard operations, Behind the Fun participants receive a number of commemorative gifts, including a custom-made Behind the Fun baseball cap and lanyard, a Team Carnival Picture Perfect book with stunning photographs of Carnival ships and destinations taken by the line’s employees and complimentary photos with the captain on the bridge.

Behind the Fun can be booked through the ships’ shore excursion desk once on board.

Summary Details

• Tours are conducted on the last sea day of each cruise.
    • Guests are not permitted to have cameras, cell phones or video recording equipment on the tour.
    • Guests must be 8 years of age or older to participate; anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
    • The tour is approximately 3-1/2 hours for cruises 6 days and longer and approximately 2 hours for 3/4/5 day cruises.
    • The tour can only be purchased on board through the Shore Excursion Desk.

-------------------------------------------------------

My suggestion is if you're only interested in the galley part of the tour you might want to think about doing the Chef's Table since it is only $20 more compared to the short Behind The Fun tour and actually $20 less than the long Behind The Fun tour.