Royal Caribbean Brings Next Era Of Dining To Food & Wine Classic In Aspen
MIAMI, June 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Royal Caribbean International is bringing its next vision for dining at sea – which will debut on the much anticipated Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas in November 2014 and April 2015, respectively – to the ultimate epicurean event this summer. As the official cruise partner of the 32nd Annual FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen, June 20-22, 2014, Royal Caribbean is giving guests a taste of Dynamic Dining, a completely new culinary experience offering guests a landscape of 18 restaurants as vast and varied as dining in the world's most cosmopolitan cities, including specialty restaurants created with partner chefs Jamie Oliver, Devin Alexander and Michael Schwartz, and more.
On Friday, June 20, Royal Caribbean is showcasing three of its next-level signature dining options on Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas at the Grand Tasting Pavilion, including:
- Jamie's Italian, the hugely popular restaurant from Britain's favorite food export Jamie Oliver, featuring rustic Italian favorites handmade using seasonal ingredients and Jamie's tried-and-tested crowd pleasers
- Devinly Decadence at Solarium Bistro, Royal Caribbean's fittest dining destination serving the foods you love all under five-hundred calories, designed by Devin Alexander, media personality, New York Times best-selling author and chef of highly-rated television show, "The Biggest Loser"
- Michael's Genuine Pub, the first American gastropub at sea and the next evolution of Royal Caribbean's relationship with James Beard Award-winning chef Michael Schwartz, offering simply-prepared food and drinks made from the best artisanal producers
On Saturday, June 21 and Sunday, June 22, Royal Caribbean will continue showcasing Dynamic Dining fare at the Grand Tasting Pavilion by spotlighting four of the complimentary, full-service restaurants on Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas:
- The Grande, a luxuriant nod to a bygone era of classic European ocean liners when dining was a time honored ritual, featuring timeless dishes, and where every night is formal night (Saturday only);
- Silk, a vibrant and exotic destination where the spices of the Far East bring new flavor to adventurous palates through a Pan-Asian menu (Saturday only);
- American Icon Grill, a take on the classic American road trip, pulling together best-loved regional favorites into one comfort-style menu (Sunday only);
- Chic, where the height of contemporary cuisine is realized and the freshest ingredients, such as proteins that pack a punch and sauces made from scratch, are evolved for a modern palate (Sunday only).
For its piece de resistance, the cruise line is presenting the Wonderland at FOOD & WINE Classic event at the top of Aspen Mountain. Inspired by the cruise line's Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine restaurant onboard Quantum Class, the event will feature four world-class Chef's as well as Royal Caribbean's own Cornelius Gallagher as they create recipes inspired from Wonderland's menu, which showcases a feast for the senses in a setting where chefs twist their culinary kaleidoscopes to invent a dreamscape of never-before-seen fare.
Royal Caribbean also is covering the FOOD & WINE Classic on its Twitter (@RoyalCaribbean) and Instagram (@RoyalCaribbean) pages and invites consumers to follow the conversation in real time using the hashtag #ThisChangesEverything.
The FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen is the epicurean brand's signature event, bringing together the world's most foremost authorities on wine and food at over 80 cooking demonstrations and wine seminars. In addition, over 300 wines and luxury lifestyle brands gather together in the Grand Tasting Pavilion, the epicenter of the event, to feature and sample their newest products. FOOD & WINE identifies the hottest culinary talent and trends and uses its industry connections to bring an all-star lineup and program to the FOOD & WINE Classic every year. For more information, visit foodandwine.com/classic.
The groundbreaking Quantum-class ships, Quantum of the Seas and sister-ship Anthem of the Seas will introduce a new set of first-at-sea onboard experiences, such as Ripcord by iFLY, a heart-pounding skydiving experience; North Star, a thrilling adventure that transports guests more than 300 feet in the air on a breathtaking journey; cutting-edge transformative venues including SeaPlex, the largest indoor sports and entertainment complex at sea with bumper cars, roller skating and more; and the cruise line's largest and most advanced staterooms ever. Guests also will enjoy the new Quantum-class Dynamic Dining, a completely new culinary experience that offers a landscape of 18 restaurant concepts as vast and varied as dining in the world's most cosmopolitan cities, including specialty restaurants created with partner-chefs Jamie Oliver, Devin Alexander and Michael Schwartz.
The Quantum Class spans 18 decks, encompasses 167,800 gross registered tons, carries 4,180 guests at double occupancy and features 2,090 staterooms. Quantum of the Seas will sail out of New York Harbor from her homeport of Cape Liberty for her inaugural season before departing to her new homeport of Shanghai (Baoshan), China. Anthem of the Seas will debut in Southampton, U.K. in April 2015 sailing Mediterranean itineraries.
CRUISIN News - Providing the latest Cruising Industry news headlines for comment and discussion.