On June 13, 2012 she will once again be sailing the seas with passengers out of Galveston, TX. After 115 million dollars in upgrades, the new and improved Carnival Triumph will be offering additional safety features and amenities that were added during her extended service downtime in Mobile, AL and subsequent drydock in Freeport, Bahamas.
While much of the publicity surrounding the Carnival Triumph this week will again be used by numerous media outlets to sensationalize and exaggerate the past incidents, we at CRUISIN would like to just stick with the straight facts.
The new safety features introduced include an upgrade to the fire detection and suppression systems, rewiring of the primary power sources for redundancy, along with the addition of another backup generator - all of which will help to prevent primary power loss. In the rare event there is a loss of primary power the new changes will also allow for additional emergency backup power to continue to provide essential hotel services (elevators, toilets, fresh water, etc.). These safety and service upgrades have now been completed on both the Carnival Triumph and Carnival Sunshine and will eventually be implemented across the entire fleet of 24 Carnival ships.
Upon her return, The Carnival Triumph, will also be offering quite a few additional amenities. During her drydock she was upgraded with many FunShip 2.0 features. You will now find these venues and offerings onboard:
- Guy's Burger Joint - a complimentary poolside venue serving fresh-made burgers and hand-cut fries created by Food Network personality and chef Guy Fieri
- RedFrog Rum Bar - a poolside Caribbean-themed watering hole offering a variety of the regionâ€™s top rums and beers in a laid-back island-infused atmosphere
- BlueIguana Cantina - a free-of-charge Mexican cantina with custom-made tacos and burritos that can be personalized by diners at an extensive salsa and toppings bar
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar - another poolside favorite, serving up slushy tequila drinks, other frozen concoctions and your favorite cerveza
- Alchemy Bar - a cocktail â€œpharmacyâ€ where mixologists create custom cocktails using interesting flavors and ingredients
- EA Sports Bar - an interactive sports-themed lounge where patrons can view live action, play EA SPORTS video games and keep up with the latest scores
- Punchliner's Comedy Club & Brunch presented by George Lopez
- Hasbro - The Game Show
- Playlist Productions
- DJ Irie
Additional general upgrades include, but are not limited to, new beds, bedding and carpeting throughout many areas of the ship. The Carnival Triumph will also be offering the "Cheers" Beverage Program. This program offers flat-rate daily pricing for alcoholic drinks, non-alcoholic drinks, wine by the glass and soda.
Carnival Triumph is currently enroute to Galveston and is expected to arrive on Tuesday June 11, 2013 at 9:00AM CDT. You can track the Carnival Triumph live on her much anticipated return to service out of Galveston, TX : Carnival Triumph - Cruise Ship Tracker / Tracking Map.