Internet - Carnival Cruise Lines
Carnival Cruise Lines - Information & Tips
To keep you connected while at sea, every Carnival ship provides satellite internet access facilitated through the Internet Café and through the ship-wide Wi-Fi network.
- Open 24-hours, the Internet Café features private terminals where you have the ability to surf the web, chat online and access your private e-mail account. Alternatively, personalized CruisE-mail® is available on most vessels. Please see additional information below. For your convenience, there is also an Internet Café Manager available for assistance during posted hours.
- Guests can navigate Carnival's website and post on the Funville Forums without purchasing a plan.
- Internet Café terminals run on Windows XP and are limited to Internet communication. The terminals are not equipped with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), however, most files can be accessed as "read only" for viewing purposes but cannot be edited or saved. Please note, on your personal laptop you can read, edit and save files without restrictions according to the programs installed.
Wireless Users - Laptops and Other Wi-Fi Equipped Devices
- The Wireless Internet Service is compatible with a Wireless 802.11b card, which is the industry standard. You may use your personal laptop while onboard, your iPhone and all other Wi-Fi equipped devices and most software installed on them without restrictions. VPN access on the other hand is restricted to connections of the type, which are not IPsec or PPTP connections. Discuss your VPN limitations with your company's IT department if you are planning to work while sailing. We are not able to change your settings onboard.
New Pricing (currently on limited trial)
The roll out of the new unlimited internet use plans across the fleet has slowed due to issues with the service being unable to supply decent speeds with such high demands.
- New Unlimited Use Plans - offer guests the opportunity to enjoy unlimited internet use. These plans can be used on your personal device or in the Internet Café. They can be used anytime throughout the cruise until debarkation. No refund will be awarded once purchased.
- Plan Details, Options & Pricing
- Currently only available on the Carnival Breeze (removed due to inability to supply decent speeds with the high demand), Carnival Dream, Carnival Glory & Carnival Magic
- Unlimited use; stay connected 24/7
- Basic Plan
- $39.99 flat rate for entire cruise
- Limited to one mobile device and the Internet Café
- High Speed Plan
- $99.99 flat rate for entire cruise
- $29.99 flat rate for per day plan
- Speed up to 50x faster than Basic Plan
- Speed and access capable of streaming media, using smartphone apps, and accessing VPN networks
- Buy additional per cruise plans for 50% off
- Applies to per cruise plans of equal and lesser value purchased by the same cabin
- Credit will appear on your sail and sign account within 24 hours
Old Pricing (still in use throughout most of Carnival's Fleet)
Instructions on how to create an account and pricing details are present on-screen in the Internet Café or on your laptop once you connect to Carnival Wi-Fi. Internet pricing is identical, whether you are using the Internet Café terminals, your own laptop or another wireless device. All internet access charges will be billed directly to your onboard "Sail & Sign" Account.
- Activation Fee - a one-time $3.95 charge applies to each user on their first login only.
- Time Plans - offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a lower per-minute rate. These
Time Plans are transferable between Internet Café terminals and personal
laptops/wireless devices, can be used anytime throughout the cruise
until debarkation and do not have to be used in a single session. No
refund will be awarded for unused minutes. Upgrading a pre-selected
pricing option is not available and plans are subject to change.
Fleet Wide Pricing
- 480 minutes for $159
- 240 minutes for $89
- 120 minutes for $59
- 45 minutes for $29
- Pay As You Go: $0.75/minute
- Printing - available in the Internet Café at $0.50/page
- Airline Boarding Passes - you can check in online and print your airline boarding passes in the Internet Café. Please note that regular printing and online time charges apply.
- CruisE-mail® - is our personalized email service set up as a convenience for those guests who either do not have their own email or are unable to access their own service provider. There is an additional charge of $3.95 for each outgoing (sent) message. No additional charges apply for received (incoming) messages. The feature is not available on the Carnival Dream and Carnival Magic.
- Laptop Rental
- Carnival Dream, Carnival Magic, & Carnival Breeze - a limited number of laptops are available for rent for $9.00/day or complimentary with the purchase of a 480 or 240 minute Time Plan (while supplies last); a $50.00 deposit will be charged on the guest's Sail & Sign Card and refunded upon returning the laptop; optional insurance is available for $10.00/day.
- All other ships in the Carnival fleet - a limited number of laptops are available for rent for $10.00/day or complimentary with the purchase of a Time Plan (while supplies last); a $50.00 deposit will be charged on the guest's Sail & Sign Card and refunded upon returning the laptop; optional insurance is available for $10.00/day.
- iPhones/Blackberries - iPhones and Blackberries can access the internet two different ways - either using the cellular network or our wireless network. If a guest uses the cellular network, they will be using it at the international data rates of their carrier; if they use our wireless network, they will be prompted to enter the same username/password that they use for accessing the Internet Café and at the same time plan rates.
Before You Go
- Convert your E-mail settings to basic; you will have a better experience if your E-mail is less graphic intense.
- Discuss VPN limitations with your company's IT department if you are planning to work while sailing. We are not able to change your settings onboard.
- Get the most from your cruise internet time and your trip - make sure you are powered up and prepared before you board the ship with this handy pre-cruise checklist. Here are a few things you want to remember to pack for your cruise:
- Wi-Fi enabled laptop and mobile devices
- Power supply for each of the devices you are bringing with you
- A charged battery for your trip to the ship
- Data cables to transfer pictures
- Laptop privacy screens
Note: Internet access via satellite is a significantly different experience than high-speed connections on shore. Onboard Internet access is not guaranteed at all times due to the nature of satellite communications, which are subject to occasional disruptions due to weather patterns and location.
Information Updates: The cruising industry is ever changing along with most of the information associated with it. The information displayed above is continually updated, added to, and kept as accurate as possible. If you believe something above is outdated, inaccurate, or you believe you have additional information that could be useful to other cruisers, please let us know. Do this by posting the updated or new information in our Carnival Cruise Lines Forum. We will in turn add it to our information pages as soon as it has been verified. Please use this same link to post any questions you may have.
Thanks for being a member of the CRUISIN Community!