Youth Programs - Carnival Cruise Lines
Carnival Cruise Lines - Information & Tips
Youth Program Groups
2-5 years old
6-8 years old
9-11 years old
12-14 years old
15-17 years old
Carnival's Youth Programs are year-round, fleet wide programs that
provide daily fun filled and age appropriate activities for children and
teenagers between the ages of 2 and 17 years old. In addition, there is
supervised "free play" and Night Owls services for those children 11
years and under. Camp Carnival is not a "Day-Care". Carnival's Youth
Programs have been designed so that families are able to enjoy "quality
family time" together, and yet also have the option of being with peers
of their own age.
- Carnival's policy is to group children together according to their age. Carnival's Youth Program age policies are in place so that we can provide participants with age appropriate activities and so they can mingle with other minors of similar age. The age is determined according to the child's birth date which is provided from documentation received at embarkation.
- A child cannot be moved to another age group as it is a strict policy set by Carnival and cannot be deviated from, regardless of the situation, such as moving into a camp of different age range so the child can be with a family member. There are many times that the different age groups are together so that those families with children in separate groups can be accommodated.
- Carnival reserves the right to change the groups' age limits and to deny admission to a child for unruly behavior and/or the child's or guardian's violation of a Carnival or Youth Programs policy. Children under 2 years are not allowed to participate in the regular Camp Carnival Program. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Families that book their cruise can now pre-register online before they arrive on board for Youth Programs.
- Once the guest has completed the Quick Check-In (FunPass), there will be a link that will enable them to pre-register for Youth Programs. By pre-registering, kids will be able to participate in the program once they arrive on board.
- The deadline to register online is 72 hours prior to the departure date. A message will appear letting the guests know that the pre-registration time has ended and that they must register on board. The Pre-Registration will only allow for children who are between 2 and 17 years of age to register. Note: The under-2 year olds will have to complete the registration process on board in order to take advantage of the Under-2 services (fees apply).
Youth Programs Orientation
- The Youth Programs Orientation is held by the Youth Director to give the parents as well as the children/teens a chance to become familiar with the activity based program, policies and procedures. The parents and children/teens also get the opportunity to meet the Youth Staff and Teen Directors in their child's age group as well as meet perspective friends. The Orientation takes place the first night of the cruise. Time and place is listed in the Carnival Fun Times - ships may vary due to itineraries.
- Staffing depends on the ship capacity, the itinerary and the time of year.
- All of Carnival's Youth Staff have to meet important educational and professional requirements, as well as pass an extensive background check. All Youth Staff is either college educated in education, child psychology or youth recreation - OR - has extensive professional experience with children, such as teaching, coaching or daycare.
- The Youth Staff is international and all are certified in CPR and are able to provide basic first aid. Additionally, should there be a medical emergency, all Youth Staff are instructed to contact the parents immediately as well as the shipboard Medical Center.
Leaving Children On Board While In Port
- If parents decide to leave their children in the care of the Youth Staff while in port, we ask that parents show their tour ticket to the Youth Staff so in case of emergency, the Youth Staff can contact the appropriate Tour Operator who will inform the parents to return to the ship. For non-Carnival tours, the Youth Staff will not have a way to contact the guests in case of emergency.
Information Updates: The cruising industry is ever changing along with most of the information associated with it. The information displayed above is continually updated, added to, and kept as accurate as possible. If you believe something above is outdated, inaccurate, or you believe you have additional information that could be useful to other cruisers, please let us know. Do this by posting the updated or new information in our Carnival Cruise Lines Forum. We will in turn add it to our information pages as soon as it has been verified. Please use this same link to post any questions you may have.
Thanks for being a member of the CRUISIN Community!