• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

Carnival Cheers Beverage Program

i have a related question i can't seem to find the answer either.

is the 15 drinks per day limit only for the Cheers program? or is that a ship-wide consumption policy, regardless of whether you purchase the beverage package or not?

curious if once someone reaches their 15 drink limit in the Cheers package and they're still having a good time, can they then purchase more alcohol at regular price?

don't get me wrong, highly unlikely i reach it the max. plenty of other activities to keep me busy. but i won't lie.. i was planning to PARTY (politely!) on this vacation. i'm not a loud/obnoxious drinker. i figured it's bartender's discretion, but now i see this "15 drink limit" and i'm a little confused.

anyone know? carnival paradise next month.

thx!

The 15 drink limit per day is only stated under the Cheers Program, it is not in writing as a Carnival policy anywhere else.

Technically the way the rules are written is that after your 15th drink under the Cheers Program in a 24 hour period (6AM to 6AM) you will not be served any additional drinks. This includes not being able to purchase drinks outside the program.

While this is technically the rules, it has been reported by numerous people that they were able to purchase additional drinks after the 15th in a day without a problem.

The 15 drink limit per day is only stated under the Cheers Program, it is not in writing as a Carnival policy anywhere else.

Technically the way the rules are written is that after your 15th drink under the Cheers Program in a 24 hour period (6AM to 6AM) you will not be served any additional drinks. This includes not being able to purchase drinks outside the program.

While this is technically the rules, it has been reported by numerous people that they were able to purchase additional drinks after the 15th in a day without a problem.

back from my trip, hot off the press, carnival paradise is a big fat NO to more than 15. it wasn't the bartender's discretion, it was the computer system. the bartender's hands were tied. at 15, the computer rejects your card.

i met with the ship's director of alcohol/bartending to answer why on earth carnival won't sell me a 16th at normal price when i'm smiling, having fun, behaving, etc. i couldn't for the life of me understand how outside of the Cheer's program, you can buy 450 drinks if you want. but under Cheers, you're a slave to 15. he sympathized but had no answer. he did offer me an exception to exit the program - which isn't normally allowed - by referring his name and our conversation to the guest services desk the following morning. but he then warned me that all beverages previously purchased would be instantly converted to full price. makes sense, certainly caught my attention and made me think twice about it... ;)

i decided to wing it, stay in the program and save a ton of money. he too was cool about it (as i wasn't being belligerent or rude either) and quietly suggested an alternative.. just partner with friends/family and take turns buying each other a round-- which cheers doesn't forbid, at least not until you reach 15. once you're at 15, the card is totally useless. at that point your only drink would be purchased from someone else. this method worked well for the remaining 3 days of the trip.

i still think it's a ridiculous policy. i shouldn't have to worry about a magic number or relying on others to buy me a drink. it felt like begging but it did save a lot of money. oh well, it is what it is and i'm sure i'll still purchase the thing again next time.

to clarify for anyone that hasn't read the policy yet, buying someone else a round doesn't count against your 15. instead it's charged at regular price. none of us hit 15 when we spread it out like this.

I have read the alcohol prices and selection menu. besides wine, beer, i see the spirits list, and am curious if the selection is accurate? I enjoy a selection, and not just cheap choices.

I have read the alcohol prices and selection menu. besides wine, beer, i see the spirits list, and am curious if the selection is accurate? I enjoy a selection, and not just cheap choices.

Options and prices do change regularly. The list is continually updated when changes are reported. Call the cruise line directly for the most recent changes.

Carnival: 800-522-7648 Monday-Friday 9am-6pm EST

Hi,Does anyone know if the wine packages apply to Carnival Splendor ? Thinking of booking my first cruise .Thx.

From my understanding, after grad., the cost for the Cheers Program per person is right at $300.00 for a five day cruise (60 dollars per day), and if one person 21 or over purchases it in your stateroom, everyone 21 or over has to purchase it. It is 15 drinks from 6am-6am each day, per person. The Cheers Program cannot be used when you are off the boat at the different tiki bars, which is pretty much two full days, you have to pay for any of those drinks you want out of pocket. I looked at the price list and most 16oz beers are $5.75 and liq. drinks around $6.50. I do not think it is that awesome of a deal either especially since you can purchase a bottle of liq. from the cruise line to drink the entire trip for under $100.00.

Some friends and I cruised out of Galveston in January 2015 and got some advice on this from the bartenders.

They told us that it is standard for carnival's bar computers to lock bartenders out of ringing up any drinks after cheers customers have used 15 cheers credits in a 24 hour period. However, the bartenders told us that if we stopped using Cheers after drink 14 (or 13 just to be safe) and started asking the bartenders to charge us full price, we could continue to purchase as many drinks as we wanted and could then use the last credit or two when we were planning on finishing up for the night. This way we could get all 15 of our "prepaid" drinks and as many additional drinks as we wanted without getting cut off (assuming we weren't being belligerent, but you could get cut off any time for being belligerent anyway).

Certainly this requires the bartenders to be willing to work with you but if they are interested, they should be able to serve you that way.

08/22/2016 cheers program facts

According to the website for Carnival,The Cheers program, which costs $57.44/person per day,(inc. tip) allows the following beverages:all spirits,cocktails,cognacs,whiskies and other spirits,beer and glasses servings.
zero-proof frozen cocktails,sodas inc. specialty sodas,juices.
Specialty coffees, teas in main dining rooms,specialty rest's.and coffee,milkshakes,where applicable.
Rockstar energy drinks,Powerade,Vitamin water,Coconut water,Honest tea.
500ml bottles of water served in bars and lounges.
Large format bottled water in main dining room and specialty rests.(1 liter and 1.5 liter.)
this as of 8/22/2016,

Last edited:
Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker