• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

Cruising in April 2020

PeggiL2

Will be on the Navigator for a 4-night Bahamas/Perfect Day cruise during April 2020 Easter school vacation. Bringing my whole family (and then some) for this exciting time...it is a first cruise for most of the family members! There is a total of 29 guests in our group. Any tips? I know it is still 231 days out but that doesn't stop me from checking out cruise info all the time!

Sadly we decided to cancel (using the Cruise with Confidence offer) our cruise and rebook for next April 19, 2021...same ship, same places to visit. Good news is the new cruise has Kids Sail Free...BUT since each individual is receiving their own cruise credit from the cancelled cruise, they don't need it and Royal will not allow the parents to use their credit for the room. So unless my daughters decide to book ANOTHER cruise where kids do not sail free, the credits will go to waste! I now this is happening to a lot of people...care to comment?

It seems fair to me. The re-booking is not costing you anymore and from what you say the unused cruise credits from the kids can be used for a future cruise. The cruise lines will be offering decent deals for quite awhile so another cruise may not be out of the question.

Cruise lines will also be hurting for quite some time and these discounted fares / kids cruise free offerings will leave profit margins smaller, meaning a it will also take longer for them to recover.

There will unfortunately be a lot of businesses that won't survive this pandemic, some of them likely in the cruise industry. Thanks for re-booking for a future date and playing your part in supporting RCI and the cruising industry.

Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker