• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

First Timers.. Getting so excited!!😜😆

Hello everyone,my name is Geraldine.. My other half is Stevie we are from Belfast and are looking forward to our first cruise!We go to Carribbean in December.! Yay!! Can anyone give us any advice or tips please,we are interested in doing excursions etc. Is it necessary to pre book,etc? Would be very grateful for any help to make sure we get the best from the whole trip!😉Thanks a lot, Geraldine.Stevie. #gettingeversoexcited!! 😊

It's our first time too and we're going at the same time (December) as you. I see no one has replied so while I'm new to cruising too I have done a lot of research so perhaps I can help.

First about pre-booking excursions. The general thought is if they are short excursions it is best to wait and book them onshore because you can get a better price. However, if you arrive back late the ship will leave without you so for long excursions the thought is it's best to book with the cruise line because they will either wait for you if your excursion is late getting back, or they will make sure that you get to the next port. And the big surprise for me was to pack an extension cord (not a surge protector) because there is usually only one or two plugs in your room. I would research online your question. You'll get lots of good tips. Have fun. Maybe we'll cross paths and not even know it. :)

hope your cruise is great.our first was a 3 day to the bahamas that caused us to become addicted to cruising.if you are going snorkeling in grand cayman and dont want to spent a huge almount of time or money try eden rock,its a 10 minute walk to the right as you leave the pier.maybe not the most fish you will ever see but a good way to see if you like the underwater thing.you can get a decent digital underwater camera for about $150...best investment ever if your going to be a serious snorkeller,and will also work above water.you will want lots of pics of the ship,ports,etc.cozumel offers a cenote and turtle snorkelling excursion thats very good,and at the end you get fed in a real mexican restaurant...

Last edited:
Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker