• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

Glory review 11/5/12 - GREAT CRUISE

Dor19566

Sail date – 11/15/12 Carnival Glory

We sailed the Carnival Glory on 11/15/12. The ship had just come out of dry dock with all the 2.0 upgrades. Guy’s burgers are awesome! We left the Miami Port about 3 hours late, but we did not care, we were on the ship having fun. Service on the ship was great. I never encountered an employee that did not greet me in some way whether it was a “Hello, are you having a good time?” or just a smile and a nod of the head. Tables on the Lido deck were cleared immediately and we never had a problem finding a clean table. Breakfast lines on the buffet on the Lido deck were long and slow moving. However, most of this was due to other passengers waiting for an omelet or just waiting for “fresh” hash browns and holding up the line.
Service in the Golden dining room was the best I have ever had. We had your time dining and always requested to be seated with the same waiter. Our head waiter was Decho, the team waiter was I Puto and the asst. team waiter was Vane. We have never had so much fun eating in the dining room. Decho and his team were attentive, funny and just great to talk to. Decho should definitely move up the ladder with Carnival. He is a great asset for Carnival.
We had a balcony room 6352 and our room steward was Arnold. Although after he came and introduced himself the first night we only saw him a few times after that. Our room was always spotless and the ice bucket refilled.
We didn’t have a problem with “chair hogs”, there always seemed to be lounge chairs open. This may have been due to having 2 port days and no Sea days but either way it wasn’t a problem.
:D

Dor, so glad you enjoyed the new ship! We have sailed on her before and cannot wait to board in March to see the new upgrades!

I will be boarding Glory on 01/13/2013 and am beyond excited. I'm actually considering staying on the ship at the first port (Nassau) because I was there last year for a weekend. Nothing is set in stone yet. I guess I'll just have to see how I feel when the time comes.

Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker