• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

Has the coronavirus (COVID-19) affected your cruise plans?

Has the coronavirus (COVID-19) affected your cruise plans?

• Yes, I cancelled my cruise.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Yes, I'm delaying making cruise plans.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Maybe, I'm thinking about canceling my cruise.

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Maybe, I may delay making cruise plans.

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • No, I'm not canceling my cruise.

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • No, I'm not delaying making cruise plans.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • No, I wasn't scheduled on or making plans for a cruise in the next 3-6 months.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Greg

Administrator
Staff member
If you answered "Yes" or "Maybe" to the poll, please share your thoughts...
  • What are your greatest concerns?
  • How long before you think you'll schedule another cruise?
  • Will you make alternative vacation plans, or just wait until a later date to cruise?
  • Will you change how you cruise or how often you cruise because of the coronavirus outbreak?

My husband & I cancelled our Mediterranean cruise on the MSC Grandiosa. We planned to sail from Barcelona on March 5. We had a port excursion planned for Milan. We decided not to risk illness (low concern), potential change in port itinerary (greatest concern), etc. and rebooked a Caribbean cruise on the MSC Meraviglia departing on March 8. Yep, the ship that was turned away from Jamaica and Grand Cayman! The outbreak won't change how we cruise or how often we cruise (obviously!); we'll just try to select cruises that appear to have a lower risk of disruption owing to the outbreak.

I have a Cruise booked leaving New Jersey April 12 that is a repositioning 12 day trip ending at South Hampton England.
While I consider myself a Healthy 76 year old with no Medical problems my Doctor and my Wife (a Retired RN) sugest that I don't go.
I am more concerned about my exposure to Covid19 on my Flights (SFO-EWR 5 1/2 Hours) and LHW-SFO 11 1/2 hours) than being on the Cruise itself.
Because my departure date is still a Month away I am waiting a few weeks to decide. Will the Airlines drop my Flights and make it hard to Get to and From my departure and arrival Ports?
Will the cruise line offer a refund or credit on a future Cruise ?
A lot of unanswered things?
My Wife and I have already had one Cruise around Japan get Cancelled for April and that cruise line Did give us a full refund but we lost money on the airfair cancellation.

Oh boy. Just count how many cruise ships per day disembark everyday and how few are seriously effected. The media are having a field day scare monger ing where I am down under. Etc toilet paper riots, masks hard to source Also take note of the country-visit-outbreaks. It is a very very small percentage

• Will you make alternative vacation plans, or just wait until a later date to cruise?
  • Will you change how you cruise or how often you cruise because of the coronavirus outbreak?
Cruise at a later date. Do to the coronavirus and medical concerns for me and my daughter.

We have a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to BCN on April 6-a transatlantic. We've not done anything about canceling it this point. We are watching and waiting. We have 48 hours prior to embarkation to cancel with rebooking within a year. AA did change our return to an awful connection. in PHL. So, I will wait and see how that plays out before I contact them.

We were planning on cruising from New York which is a hot spot right now. My husband does not get sick time so a quarantine would hurt our finances considerably. He coughs a lot due to smoking and acide reflux so I fear we may get lovked in our room. I think we will be waiting til 2022 to cruise but have not called yet. Sail date Mar 22.

We were supposed to leave Marseille (France) today March 13 th for a cruise on MSC Grandiosa.
Phone call yesterday at 7 PM to inform us the cruise is cancelled.
Fortunetely I allready got the reservation changed in the morning.
I just wonder why MSC didn't react before, as Costa did.

Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker