• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

How Are Cruise Ships Dealing with COVID?

bawden

I am scheduled to go on a 20 day cruise in South America on Oceania this month. I am trying to learn how COVID-19 has been affecting cruises in the last few weeks. Are passengers who test positive being quarantined on board or forced to disembark? Are ports and excursions being cancelled? It is so hard to know what the right thing to do is given how little information is coming out other than the CDC's recommendation not to sail.

I am scheduled to go on a 20 day cruise in South America on Oceania this month. I am trying to learn how COVID-19 has been affecting cruises in the last few weeks. Are passengers who test positive being quarantined on board or forced to disembark? Are ports and excursions being cancelled? It is so hard to know what the right thing to do is given how little information is coming out other than the CDC's recommendation not to sail.
I am in Florida and have a 7 day cruise planned on the 21st of January, we've been doing a lot of research and yes if you test positive for covid 19 on the ship they have of a portion of the ship that is used solely for quarantining guests and employees that test positive, these are lower rooms with no windows, they are still carrying on with the cruise as normal however, The ports are being canceled with certain numbers of covid cases on the ships , I received a letter from carnival last week stating that they may have fewer ports, different ports or no ports and then if we wanted to cancel our cruise we would receive a 100% credit with bonuses or a 100% refund if we chose not to go at this time. Your cruise for 20 days sounds amazing and I hope it works out well for you!!

Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker