• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

Last Cruise of the Destiny - Feb 4, 2013

JimmieSuper

We have just booked on the Feb 4th, 2013 cruise from Miami to Venice on the Destiny. A little worried about the condition of the ship as it will be going into dry dock after we get off. Anyone been on the ship lately? Is the Destiny out on a cruise the week before, could not find it? If it is in port for 4 or 5 days before the Feb 4th sailing, how many of the crew will leave then? Oh well, it was a good price so we will plan for the worst and hope for the best. Jimmie and Terrina

I really wouldn't worry too much about the condition. It has been a couple years since I was on it but it was still looking good then. The scheduled upgrades on the Destiny are pretty massive (enough that they are renaming the ship), more than any other Carnival "upgrade" in the past. A lot has to do with keeping it competitive with the rest of the fleet as far as venues and options. I myself will be glad to see the 2000 square foot "Cigar Bars" that you can't smoke in be removed. The ship will show some age but I don't think it will be anything out of the ordinary. They definitely don't want any more work than necessary and will keep the ship in good order right up until the dry dock. If you go it at a good price too, all the better. They might even be giving away some unique souvenirs at the end of the trip from areas of the ship that are going to be renovated.

Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker