• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

Possible Update to "Cheers Beverage Program" Information & Tips Page

iwalkincircles

Hello, I noticed on the Carnival website that it says, "Using the CHEERS! beverage package, guests can enjoy a wide variety of wine, beer and spirits (including cocktails and frozen drinks), along with sodas and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails throughout the voyage at one convenient flat rate plus tax and a 15% gratuity added at the time the package is purchased. "

I'm wondering about the tax part. On the Cruisin info page, it says, "You will not be charged tax when purchasing the Cheers Beverage Program, regardless of where/when you purchase it. You will be charged tax on the individual drinks you get while still in US waters. When this occurs the receipt, which would normally say $0.00, will have a small charge on it equivalent to the state and local tax rate for the drink just ordered."

Is this the tax Carnival is referring to on their website? Or do you pay a sales tax/alcohol tax on the $49.95 as well as the gratuity?-if so, it would bring the total up from $57.45 per day.

Read more: https://www.cruisingearth.com/info/carnival-cruise-lines/cheers-beverage-program/#ixzz3InUyUTew"]Cheers Beverage Program - Carnival Cruise Lines - Cruising Earth https://www.cruisingearth.com/info/carnival-cruise-lines/cheers-beverage-program/#ixzz3InUyUTew"]Cheers Beverage Program - Carnival Cruise Lines - Cruising Earth
Copyright © 2014 Cruising Earth. All Rights Reserved.

I'm not sure what Carnival is referring to :confused: - it's either just badly worded or old information they forgot to change

There is currently no tax on the Cheers Beverage Program regardless of when/where you purchase it. If purchasing drinks while in US waters then you are charged applicable taxes on those individual drinks only.

Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker