• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

Sunset lovers! Simple advice (re: "dining time")

BRAD3SMITH

I've been on five cruises in the past six years; three in January, one each in February and December.

I am a HUGE fan of watching sunsets from port or at sea. Also, I'm a HUGE fan of eating early. But I just (finally) realized that my choice of 6:00PM dining has put me in my cabin, getting handsome, at exactly sunset (5:30ish).

Better planning on my part would have included a later dining time (or "anytime dining").

Sunrise/sunset times for all ports are readily available on the interwebs.

An aside, some ships (Carnival Magic, for sure) have hot tubs jutting out of the mid decks, with windows. One evening, we had Guy's Burgers at 5:00PM, skipped the six o'clock dining room, and enjoyed adult beverages in the hot tub. We watched the sunset, alone, from a hot-tub-for-two.

Two-cents; I hope this helps at least one cruiser!

Attachments

• IMG_1734.JPG
    IMG_1734.JPG
    488.5 KB · Views: 61
I've been on five cruises in the past six years; three in January, one each in February and December.

I am a HUGE fan of watching sunsets from port or at sea. Also, I'm a HUGE fan of eating early. But I just (finally) realized that my choice of 6:00PM dining has put me in my cabin, getting handsome, at exactly sunset (5:30ish).

Better planning on my part would have included a later dining time (or "anytime dining").

An aside, some ships (Carnival Magic, for sure) have hot tubs jutting out of the mid decks, with windows. One evening, we had Guy's Burgers at 5:00PM, skipped the six o'clock dining room, and enjoyed adult beverages in the hot tub. We watched the sunset, alone, from a hot-tub-for-two.

I love the Majic, Breeze and Dream for this very reason dont understand why they changed with the Vista.

Thanks for the tip. We always elect anytime dining which most cruise lines offer. Allows us flexibility and we get to sit and interact with different people every night.
We always get to photograph those beautiful ocean sunsets!!

208.JPG

We had late dining 8pm, that was to late for us we went to the dining room as soon as we got on board and they were able to change it to anytime. You might try that next time.

Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker