Carnival's flat-rate pricing beverage program.
Non-alcoholic Beverages INCLUDED in the Cheers Beverage Program
- Diet Pepsi
- Pepsi Caffeine Free
- Diet Pepsi Caffeine Free
- Pepsi Zero Sugar
- Sierra Mist
- Sierra Mist Zero Sugar
- Mug Root Beer
- Diet Mug Root Beer
- Mountain Dew
- Diet Mountain Dew
- Bubly Lime Sparkling Water
- Bubly Grapefruit Sparkling Water
- Bubly Orange Sparkling Water
- Pure Leaf Honey Green Tea
- Pure Leaf Tea & Lemonade
- Pure Leaf Unsweetened Black Tea
- Pure Leaf Sweet Tea
- Gatorade Lemon Lime
- Gatorade Fruit Punch
- Propel Electrolyte Water
- Propel Strawberry Raspberry
- Propel Peach Mango
- Starbucks Frappuccino
- Starbucks Double Shot Espresso
- Dr. Pepper*
- Diet Dr. Pepper*
* Dr. Pepper products are only served on ships departing from the Galveston and New Orleans cruise ports.
Most Recent Major Program Change(s)
January 2020 - Carnival transitioned to Pepsi products from Coke products.
Cheers Beverage Program Details & Pricing
The "Cheers" Beverage Program is flat-rate daily pricing for alcoholic drinks, wine by the glass (with a $20 or lower menu price), non-alcoholic frozen drinks and other non-alcoholic drinks like soda, juices, specialty coffees, hot tea, energy drinks, bottled water and more (see list above). The non-alcoholic drinks / sodas portion of the program are unlimited and do
NOT count towards the program limit of 15 in a "day". Alcoholic drinks covered by the program are limited to 15 in a "day". The program "day" is a 24 hour period starting at 6:00AM and ending at 6:00AM the following day. See
The Cheers Beverage Program is now available throughout Carnival's entire fleet; exceptions being: cruises sailing from Australia, 2-Day cruises and charter cruises.
The cost for the "Cheers" Beverage Program if purchased PRIOR to the the cruise is $51.95 per person / day, plus a 18% gratuity added on at the time of purchase (total of $61.30 per person / day). If you purchase the program ONCE ONBOARD you will pay $56.95 per person / day, plus a 18% gratuity added at time of purchase (total of $67.20 per person / day). Carnival also states: "Price adjustments (up or down) implemented on the day of sailing will replace any previously advertised price."
If not purchased prior to the cruise the program must be purchased on the embarkation day or the next day and for the remainder of the cruise. See complete details below.
Beverages Included In The Program:
- All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and wine by the glass, with a $50 USD or lower menu price per serving.
- Zero-Proof frozen cocktails (including smoothies), sodas (including specialty sodas) and juices.
- Specialty coffees and hot tea served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars.
- Milkshakes, where applicable.
- Propel energy drinks, Gatorade, Bubly sparkling waters, Pure Leaf Teas and Starbucks ready-to-drink coffees.
- 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages served in bars and lounges.
- Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants.
- 25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $20 USD per serving.
- 25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle and larger format water bottles purchased outside the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants.
- 25 percent discount off beverage seminars and classes.
Beverages Excluded From The Program:
- Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses.
- Bottles of liquor.
- Beverages offered at the gangway.
- Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs.
- Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets.
- Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines and self-serve beer stations.
- All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes.
- Food items.
- Guests must be 21 or older to purchase and agree not to give to minors.
- Each adult (21 and over) assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the program. (see Note 1 below)
- Guests must purchase the program for the entire cruise -the program is not offered on a per day basis.
- CHEERS! is non-refundable; if the program is purchased prior to the cruise, it is refundable up to 11:59pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure.
- Price adjustments (up or down) implemented on the day of sailing will replace any previously advertised price.
- Only one drink at a time may be ordered. Sharing is not permitted. Ordering a double shot would be considered ordering two drinks, therefore, you cannot order a double shot.
- Program allows for unlimited Zero-Proof beverages but only one beverage at a time may be ordered - sharing is not permitted.
- There is a 5 minute wait time between ordering drinks.
- Guests may purchase a round of drinks for themselves and friends. One drink will count towards the CHEERS! program and the remaining drinks will be charged to the guest's Sail and Sign account.
- Program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hour period (6:00AM-6:00AM); once the limit is reached the guest will need to purchase any additional alcoholic drinks. (see Note 3 below)
- Program only applicable for onboard purchases.
- All bottles and cans will be served opened.
- Carnival reserves the right to refuse service for any reason.
- Applicable state and local taxes will be charged to the guest folio when this program is used within US waters. The tax is based on the state's tax structure and the cost of the individual drink purchased (not the daily program rate). For example: if the drink price is $5 and the tax is 10%, the guest's Sail & Sign card will be charged $0.50 for tax. This applies to all US ports (embarkation home ports and ports-of-call).
- Due to state laws, we cannot sell CHEERS! until the second day of the cruise (starting at 6:00am) for voyages departing from our Texas and New York home ports. Drinks purchased on the first day of the cruise will be charged to the guest's Sail & Sign card in the usual manner. When purchased on the second day of the cruise, guests are charged for the remaining days only (cruise duration less one day).
- For those guests who pre-purchase CHEERS!, it will be activated upon boarding the ship (except for ships sailing from Texas and New York). Guests will receive a note in their stateroom advising them to go the bar to receive their sticker which is placed on their Sail & Sign card. In the event guests do not go to their stateroom, once the Sail & Sign card is swiped, it is flagged and the bartender will provide the sticker. For ships sailing from Texas and New York, CHEERS! will be activated at 6:00am on the second day of the cruise.
- Group bookings (consisting of a minimum of 30 adults) can purchase CHEERS! prior to the cruise by contacting Group Event Planning (all adult guests in the group must purchase the program; all minors in the group must purchase Bottomless Bubbles program).
- For pre-purchase orders, a message card will be placed in guests' staterooms on embarkation day with the following notation: "Please bring your Sail & Sign Card to the Casino Bar to activate this program". A sticker will be placed on the card for the use of the CHEERS! program. In the event guests do not go to their stateroom, once the Sail & Sign card is swiped, it is flagged and the bar staff will provide the sticker.
How to Purchase / Sign Up:
- Prior to the cruise it can be purchased online at The Carnival Funshops or by contacting 'The Fun Shops' Department at 800 522-7648, Monday through Sunday, 8:00am-10:00pm ET. Cut-off for pre-purchase is at 10:00pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure.
- On embarkation day or the next day: You can sign up at the Atrium Bar, Casino Bar or at the main pool area on the Lido Deck.
- On embarkation day only: You can sign up at the temporary area set up on the Lido Deck where you previously could sign up for the "Bottomless Bubbles" Unlimited Soda Program.
- Be aware there is a price difference if signing up for the Cheers Program prior to the cruise versus once onboard. (See Pricing Details Above)
Cheers Is NOT Available On:
- 2-Day Cruises
- Charter Cruises
- Cruises sailing from Australia
- Port calls in Half Moon Cay, The Bahamas and Princess Cay, The Bahamas. Keep in mind you can still use the Cheer's Beverage Program while you are on the ship when docked in these ports.
- There are absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS to the rule that everyone in the same cabin (21 years of age or older) most purchase the program. If they allowed one exception it would open the door to everything.
- You still must sign all of your drink slips after getting a drink, just like you would if you weren't on the Cheers program.
- Carnival reserves the right to refuse service for any reason at any time. This is independent of whether or not you have reached your "Cheers" Program alotted 15 drinks per day, or have purchased additional drinks after the program limit.
"Is The Cheers Beverage Program Worth It?"
...the question many are asking.
Program Cost = $51.95 per person / day, plus a 18% gratuity for a total of $61.30 per person / day for ALL sailings (if purchased prior to the cruise.
5 - Martinis ($8.95/per)
4 - Sodas ($1.95/per)
= $60.14 with gratuity
6 - Top Shelf Vodka Drinks ($7.50/per)
4 - Sodas ($1.95/per)
= $60.43 with gratuity
8 - Domestic Beers ($5.75/per)
3 - Sodas ($1.95/per)
= $59.34 with gratuity
6 - Domestic Beers ($5.75/per)
3 - Drinks of the Day (≈$8.00+/per)
= $58.50 with gratuity
If you will be drinking At Least one of the samples above or more in a day, for your entire cruise, this program will save you money.
For additional information on alcohol including offerings, prices and menus: Carnival Alcohol Prices & Selections
If you are looking for just the unlimited soda (not including alcohol) program: Carnival's "Bottomless Bubbles" Unlimited Soda Program