• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

Forward bridge cams

P&O Cruises (AU) along with 4 other cruise lines owned by Carnival Corporation & plc turned off their public webcams at the beginning of the pandemic. This calculates to about 40 ships that once had active cameras onboard, now do not. Carnival Corporation & plc is a British-American cruise operator overseeing 9 cruise lines with a combined fleet of nearly 100 cruise ships.

This includes the following:
1) Carnival Cruise Lines - 26 ships
2) Princess Cruises - 17 ships
3) AIDA Cruises - 13 ships
4) Costa Cruise Line - 11 ships
5) Holland America Line - 11 ships
6) P&O Cruises (UK) - 7 ships
7) Seabourn Cruise Line - 5 ships
8) Cunard Cruise Line - 3 ships
9) P&O Cruises (AU) - 3 ships

Since these cameras were removed from service, Carnival Corporation & plc, nor their cruise lines, have publicly given a reason why these cameras haven't been returned to service.

I am sure there is some monetary savings in not maintaining these onboard public webcams, but when you look at the dozens of other security cameras onboard the ship that must still be maintained, the cost can't be that much additional to have a public webcam or two maintained also.

Unless there is much public outcry to return them to service I do not believe the onboard public webcams will come back quickly. Those interested in still viewing public onboard webcams should contact the cruise lines directly to voice their opinion.

Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker