The advisories and alerts surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak are currently changing very quickly. In order to get the most
We recommend you don't attempt to call your cruise line unless it is absolutely necessary. At this time many cruise line industry phones are overwhelmed with the same questions that are clearly already answered in the information they've published and provided online. Most cruise lines are being very proactive and updating their online information on a regular basis and this should be your first stop for answers. Unless you have a question that hasn't been answered by the published information and you're already scheduled cruise is quickly approaching, please don't tie up the lines for others who are in that situation.
It can be a very stressful time for many right now, not only in the cruising industry but throughout the world in general, and a little courtesy can go a long way over the next few weeks and months.
Here are a few direct links to the latest information being published by some of the larger cruise lines:
- AIDA Cruises - Coronavirus Information
- Carnival Cruise Line - Coronavirus / Travel Health Advisory
- Celebrity Cruises - Coronavirus Health Protocols
- Cunard Cruise Line - COVID-19 - Keeping You Updated
- Holland America Line - COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Travel Advisory
- MSC Cruises - Coronavirus Travel Updates
- Norwegian Cruise Line - Travel Alert
- P&O Cruises - COVID-19 - Keeping You Updated
- Princess Cruises - Health and Travel Advisory
- Royal Caribbean Internaitonal - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Alerts
- TUI Cruises - Wuhan Coronavirus